Poori is a Tasty Fried Bread Enjoyed with a Main Course
Poori is one of the with-meal bread options you have when cooking Indian Food. They are circular fried breads that are enjoyed along with a main course and can be cooked spicy, or not. This is a great compliment to the Cauliflower, Potato and Pea dish on our site.
To prepare, here are the ingredients that you will need:
3x cups of whole grain wheat flour
1/2 cup of vegetable or canola oil
1 1/2 cups of water
5 cups of vegetable or canola oil for frying
Let's get started:
Step 1. Knead flower with 3 cups of oil and water you have a soft sticky consistency
2. Add an extra tablespoon of oil, ONLY IF NECESSARY, until dough is smooth
3. Let dough sit for about 15 minutes
4. Make tiny flattened rounds from the dough
5. Roll out rounds (make flat)
6. Fry each until it puffs into a ball, each one will in fact inflate into a ball, and this is how you know they are finished.
Good JobReturn from Poori to the Indian Food page